Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Epcot's Club Cool: A Review of the New Club Cool Flavors

Club Cool is a place at Epcot to taste Coke products from around the world for free. I never miss the chance to sample these sodas when I am visiting. Recently the soda flavors have changed from their original flavors. Although it was sad to see some of my old favorites go, I couldn’t resist the chance to run out to Epcot and try the new flavors out. I was not disappointed in the new flavors at all. Here is a complete review of the new flavors at Epcot’s Club Cool:
  


Fanta Pineapple from Greece:
This was my favorite of the new sodas. It is the perfect balance of the sour and sweet flavors of a pineapple. I had one of these “to cleanse my palate” between all of the other sodas. I would give this soda two thumbs up but that would cause me to spill my samples.




Fanta Melon Frosty from Thailand:
At first when I filled my sample cup with this flavor I was hesitant because it comes out a bit of an unappetizing green color. I swallowed my pride and a swig of this soda, surprisingly it was pretty good. It is a bit more on the sweet side but the small sample that I had was just right. 
Bibo from South Africa:
 This flavor was intriguing and I still don’t think I can exactly put my finger on what it reminds me of. It also poured in a strange green color (like the Melon Frosty) but I pushed through the strangeness of the color and tasted away. I would say it certainly has the essence of mystery to keep you coming back for more. I had a few samples of this soda and I thoroughly enjoyed it each time.   


Spar-Letta from Zimbabwe:
According to the label on this one it is a “raspberry flavored cream soda” that, however, is not how I would describe it. This was a very aggressively flavored soda but not necessarily in a bad way. It really packs a raspberry flavored punch but after the initial shock on your taste buds, all the remaining sips are very good.


Inca Kola from Peru:
This flavor is advertised to be “the taste of liquid bubblegum” and it delivers on that promise. It isn’t unpleasantly sweet but it is probably the sweetest of all the new flavors. I would suggest not taking one huge gulp of this soda, instead sip it slowly.
 
Kuat from Brazil:
This is a soda that is made from Guarana berries. I don't know what a Guarana berry is either so don't feel bad! The name of the berry comes from a word meaning "fruit like the eyes of the people". Although that introduction sounds scary and strange I tried it. Overall, I actually thought this one lacked flavor. There was a hint of that weird eye berry flavor but other than that it was missing something. The good news is that it wasn't as scary to try as I expected!


Returning flavors:

Beverly from Italy:
This is my favorite flavor for one reason only; to trick people into trying it and seeing their faces. For new comers to Club Cool I will say “you must try it out just to say that you have had it before” but be warned, it is very bitter! Always have a camera ready when someone tastes it because that is a face that you will not want to forget.

VegitaBeta from Japan:
This one has always escaped me. It is a Japanese soda that boasts flavors of passion fruit and apricot. I don’t know whether I like the combination of those two flavors but, it is very interesting to say the least. It is my least favorite one to sample when I am visiting but it isn’t necessarily bad, just very different. This one actually compliments the Kuat from Brazil very well if you drink them one after the other.

Overall, Club Cool is one of my favorite places to visit at Epcot. It is a fantastic place to escape the Florida heat or to escape the rain. It surprises me the amount of people that have actually visited Epcot and have never been to Club Cool because they didn’t know it was there! Make a point to stop by when you visit Epcot.
 


5 comments:

  1. Looks like they got rid of my favorite soda :( The Ginger ale from Mozambique! Thank goodness Beverly is still there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My old favorite one was taken away too but that pineal one is on point! I would have been very upset if Beverly was gone lol

      Delete
  2. I look forward to your posts about places to eat and drink. I am soaking up all the knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading! In that case I will make it a priority to get as many up for you as I can :)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad that Vegiebeta stuck around, but I'll miss the old China watermelon flavor!

    ReplyDelete